Hot weather usually spells heavy additional wear and tear on your vehicle. During seasonal periods with hot weather, people tend to run the air conditioning and travel more so than any other period during the year. Rather than have my summer road trip travel plans placed on hold due to some vehicular malfunction, I try to keep my vehicle in working condition, especially in preparation for the grueling hot weather of the summer.
Tips for Hot Weather Vehicle Preventive Maintenance
Here are some tips on how to keep your vehicle in tip top shape during hot weather time periods:
- Check fluid levels prior at the beginning of spring and prior to summer
- Transmission fluid
- Check engine for leaks, drips and other damages requiring proper attention
- Ensure that all tires have proper air pressure
In order to prepare for long distance driving such as summer road trips, here are some of my top suggestions for having one of the local car dealerships in Tacoma WA check and repair your vehicle prior to a road trip:
- Radiator flush and refill
- Air conditioning service package
- Tire inspection and rotation (Replacement if necessary)
- Oil system and transmission inspection (Refill fluids if necessary)
- General road test and overall vehicle inspection
The Olympia Auto Mall – More Cars, Less Money!!!